Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cleaning Up

I cleaned up with some Simple Green and took some crud off with #00 steel wool.  Some of the stains in the bed are still visible, but the Vanderblog moderator (thanks Paul) advised me not to sand the bed because it would cause low spots.

He also had some advice about getting to type high, since this is a galley-high press.  I don't know at this point if I'll just use packing or try and get a steel sheet to use.  Here's a couple of photos of a cleaner press.




Here's a $2 find from the antique mall today - couldn't resist this vintage postcard in a Coca-Cola holder.


Written inside the "N" is "From Louise."

And here is the first thing I ever printed at a Pyramid Atlantic workshop on a big Vandercook.  It's a quote (from memory so it's probably wrong) from "Franny."

1 comment: